Friday, August 19, 2005

A Childish Stance

Dear Victorians

It is with great regret that I admit that thus far I have been acting immaturely in the face of this great adversity.

I was first alerted to this by Bertrand, who was yelling at me over MSN to get the New Paper. When I finally got it and read it, I was stunned into silence. The first thought running through my head was Ang Pow Chew will die for this. When I got back home I sat in still silence for awhile, not sure of what to do. I changed my nick to Victoria thy sons are we and we cannot forget. My subnick was For the school or for your sorry ass? (pardon the language). All afternoon, all evening, all night, I went around MSN whining to my contacts about the worst principal I had ever seen.

Some thinking and a couple of posts by Bertrand and Jafnie sobered me up. It might have been that Mr Ang was selfish enough to submit the proposal for his own cause of climbing up the ladder. It might have been that he was pushed into the corner by MOE. It might have been an informed, thoroughly discussed decision. We will never know, nor should we waste time digging up the truth. The cause for which we are fighting for right now is not for Mr Ang to step down, but to keep the searing flame of Victoria School's heritage alive and burning brightly. Realise that if our petition wins the authorities over, VS will have to work harder than ever before to pull its socks up into the Ivy League of schools once again. And if ultimately it fails, it will be our fault for prolonging their suffering. If ultimately it fails, VS will turn co-ed all the same. And its fall then will be greater than ever before.

Therefore my dear Victorian brothers, looked beyond the surface of anger, and see the true cause of our fight. Your instincts have served you well in urging you to participate in this battle, but find the true meaning in this war, not just to vent your anger on whom you might feel is the most disgraceful principal VS has ever seen, but preserving the VS Spirit, that more generations to come will know why we have so willingly plunged into putting ourselves in the frontline against this great adversity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home